This course is suitable for Departmental Records Officers (DROs), records managers as well as IT managers. It covers a high-level overview of the digital transfer process and a practical afternoon session.
What this course covers
Morning session (10.00 to 12.30) – overview of the digital appraisal, selection and sensitivity review, including practical exercises. This session highlights some key first steps and introduces you to the main tools currently used in the digital transfer process.
Afternoon session (13.15 to 15.30) – overview of transfer, ingest and accession of born-digital records, including practical exercises. The general part will be followed by the ‘Digital Transfer surgery’, allowing you to discuss questions specific to your organisation.
Thursday 19 July 2018
Tuesday 25 September 2018
Thursday 22 November 2018
This course is free of charge.
The National Archives, Kew. Free parking is available in The National Archives’ public car park.
We are currently prioritising departments that are due to transfer this year and next year. However, if your department is not due to transfer until after 2018 and you are still interested in attending the session then email us at DigitalRecordsTransfer@nationalarchives.gov.uk.
- Records Management Foundation Course: Appraisal, Selection and Transfer
- Introduction to Information Management
- Records Management Masterclass: Appraisal and Selection
- Records Management Masterclass: Cataloguing and File Preparation
- Digital continuity training
- Delivering Information Assurance training
- Management Board briefings
- Responsible for Information – Civil Service Learning course
- Implementing the 20-year rule – transferring to places of deposit